SOLVED Replaced 2TB drives in vdev mirror with 4TB drives - no increase in capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadmeat86

Dabbler
Success!
Offlined ADA2 from that mirror.
Selected View Disks, selected ADA2 and wiped it (quick wipe).
Replaced disk in the mirror with the wiped ADA2 and it's worked!

I believe this may have come about from the fact that I mistakenly plugged it first into a SATA port on my expansion card which only supports drives to 2TB.
I then stopped the original resilver, and plugged the hard drive into an onboard SATA port, before adding it to the mirror again.
Though it's odd that View Disks in the GUI was showing as 4.0TB where "geom label" showed it as 2TB.

Thanks so much for the help! I was considering pulling half of all the mirrors to make a new pool!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I believe this may have come about from the fact that I mistakenly plugged it first into a SATA port on my expansion card which only supports drives to 2TB.
Oh, you should've mentioned that earlier! Here I was thinking "damn, this reminds me of when people try to migrate their 3+TB disks from SAS1 to SAS2 HBAs".

Though it's odd that View Disks in the GUI was showing as 4.0TB where "geom label" showed it as 2TB.
View disks was looking at the disk itself. Problem is that the partition, ada2p2, was smaller than it should've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.