Reinstall freenas 9.3 without losing data

Status
Not open for further replies.

mta007

Cadet
Hi everybody!

i'am an new freenas user and sorry this basic question.
Due to a electrical cut, my freenas server describe a critical state of my usb key, i tryed to fix this problem without success.
Can anyone describe me how to re install, on a new usb flash disk, WITHOUT losing data.

I understand that there is a upload mode that can makes recover the configuration but i'am afraid to do this without a coaching!

Thanks.

Ps Description hardware : 2 hard disk 2 tera (raid 1) + 2 hard disk of 350 Go (raid 1) - no encryption - usb key 32 Go (freenas)

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
Can anyone describe me how to re install, on a new usb flash disk, WITHOUT losing data.
Go here and scroll down to "Should a boot device fail..."
I understand that there is a upload mode that can makes recover the configuration but i'am afraid to do this without a coaching!
Not losing the data and recovering the configuration are different problems. If the USB stick is still readable you can recover the old configuration. A forum search should yield the answer to where to find it.

EDIT: this is assuming you didn't previously save the configuration. If you did, you can just upload it after reinstalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.