Recommended SuperMicro Motherboard for FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Blater

Dabbler
I have currently a 16 bay SuperMicro rack mounted server with an X7DB8+ motherboard and a couple of IBM M1015s running FreeNAS 9.3. I have tried multiple times to upgrade this system to 9.10 but it just won't do it. I'm beginning to think it is because of unsupported hardware.

I would like to upgrade the motherboard to something newer and therefore upgrade my system to 9.10. Can someone tell me the recommended SuperMicro motherboard with good support for FreeNAS 9.10?

Thank you,
Brian

joeschmuck

Old Man

joeschmuck

Old Man
Are you trying to use the GUI to upgrade? If yes they maybe try a clean install instead. Of course ensure you have a backup of your configuration file before you begin so you can restore it once done.

Brian Blater

Dabbler
Are you trying to use the GUI to upgrade? If yes they maybe try a clean install instead. Of course ensure you have a backup of your configuration file before you begin so you can restore it once done.
No on the GUI. I'm trying a fresh install. I just end up in a continual reboot situation.

I've got a couple other machines that ran 9.10 without a problem although not supermicro systems. That is why I'm thinking hardware and wanted to see about a different motherboard.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

joeschmuck

Old Man

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Thank you. The hardware recommendations guide was very helpful. Not sure why I didn't see that in my searches.
What searches did you do? We're trying to maximize visibility of the resources section and your experience may help us.

Brian Blater

Dabbler
What searches did you do? We're trying to maximize visibility of the resources section and your experience may help us.
I don't remember specifically, but I went to hardware and looked at anything motherboard or SuperMicro specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.