Rebuild the config

dwf2008

Dabbler
So my boot drive failed. I installed a new one and did a clean install of Truenas scale. I then imported my mirrored pool which seemed to work just fine. The share type is smb. I recreated my local user. However I am not able to access my data. The pool name is Mainpool. The dataset name is dwf_samba. It seems I cannot add the share to the service, or it may be a network address problem. What more do you need to know in order to help me?
Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Don't you have a config backup? That would have been the far easier way to get back up and running.

dwf2008

Dabbler
Don't you have a config backup? That would have been the far easier way to get back up and running.
I do not. Didn’t know that was possible until after it failed. Still pretty new to NAS.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Once you have reconfigured your system, create a backup of your configuration. You could use a script like Multi-Report or FreeNAS-Report to have a copy of your configuration file sent to you regularly in email. If you don't change your configuration often like me, you could just create a copy and save if somewhere safe. I prefer the email as then I have multiple copies available in case of file corruption.

Since you are new to TrueNAS, do you have an UPS? Preferably with a Data Cable. Just asking. If you have valuable data, you should.