RAIDZ2 after disk replacment all disk degraded (need Help!)

MutoSan

Contributor
If we can see them all laid out clearly, we should be able to get a good picture of what's really wrong.
I think that is the Sata Controler on PCI-E
vendor = 'Marvell Technology Group Ltd.'
device = '88SE9230 PCIe SATA 6Gb/s Controller'
class = mass storage
subclass = SATA
bar [10] = type I/O Port, range 32, base 0xe050, size 8, enabled
bar [14] = type I/O Port, range 32, base 0xe040, size 4, enabled
bar [18] = type I/O Port, range 32, base 0xe030, size 8, enabled
bar [1c] = type I/O Port, range 32, base 0xe020, size 4, enabled
bar [20] = type I/O Port, range 32, base 0xe000, size 32, enabled
bar [24] = type Memory, range 32, base 0xf7210000, size 2048, enabled
cap 01[40] = powerspec 3 supports D0 D3 current D0
cap 05[50] = MSI supports 1 message enabled with 1 message
cap 10[70] = PCI-Express 2 legacy endpoint max data 128(512)
link x2(x2) speed 5.0(5.0) ASPM L0s(L0s/L1)
cap 12[e0] = SATA Index-Data Pair
ecap 0001[100] = AER 1 0 fatal 0 non-fatal 4 corrected

pciconf -lvcb did the trick. So far so good. Now I need to know how to read out the 2 disks there.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
OK, so based on that, I would consider waiting until you can get the HBA installed and all disks connected to it, then let the pool heal itself and do any needed disk replacements.

It shouldn't hurt to leave it resilvering as it is, but I wouldn't expect success at this point.

Last edited:

MutoSan

Contributor
me neither. its resilvering now for at least 2-4hours and still at 6.07%. Bummer I have to wait until 17.11.2021 until the SAS Adapter arrives.
Havent done such things for about good 2 years. Somewhat exited :D

Last edited:

MutoSan

Contributor
With the new controller I will setup smart and email to be notified when something is wrong. In the past I did check it almost daily but things change. I even bought a new Powersupply which meets Titanium-efficiency. Hope that helps too.

Last edited:

MutoSan

Contributor
amazing how fast it is now. Still no freezeing no errors. Very happy I spent the money for the controller. Should have done that years ago. and so far no dataerrors during scanning

I did see over putty that zpool status also tells me, that I need todo zpool upgrade as there are features I could have which are yet not active. Any suggestion to that? I mean I have the pool since at least freenas 10 or 11.

Last edited:

MutoSan

Contributor
so the pool is still degraded on several disk. Going to replace the degraded disk with the new ones I have and at the end I replace the rest of HDs with the new size so the pool has all same disks. I can access the data but will not do so, I even stopped any plugin.

Etorix

Wizard
Good news!
As for new features, you never "need" to upgrade the pool to new feature flags, and doing so implies that you cannot go back to an earlier version of FreeNAS/TrueNAS which does not support these flags. It's best to just ignore the message, repair the pool, and take your time to decide whether any of the new feature flags is useful for you.

MutoSan

Contributor
Good news!
As for new features, you never "need" to upgrade the pool to new feature flags, and doing so implies that you cannot go back to an earlier version of FreeNAS/TrueNAS which does not support these flags. It's best to just ignore the message, repair the pool, and take your time to decide whether any of the new feature flags is useful for you.
Yes I am very happy. Even I spend for my circumstances a fortune on it I am glad I did. There are data in that pool which are dear to my heart.