Raid controller for Poweregde 2950

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleme02

Cadet
Hello, I have a Poweredge 2950 with a Perc 6/i internal raid controller (LSI 1078)

I had some problems getting Freenas and unraid to work as the hard-drives did not show up, so i tried to flash the raid controller to IT mode and i'm now sitting with a raid controller with no firmware.

As far as I see my current options are to somehow bring the card back from the dead, kinda hard because the system halts during post with in the machine

or get a new card. the IBM ServeRAID M1015 is apparently recommended, and used it is within my price range, but it looks like I need 2 mini Sas to mulitlane sas cable, and I need to flash that aswell

What would be the best approach? Any suggestions and ideas are appreciated

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
IBM ServeRAID M1015
IBM M1015, LSI 9211 or Perc H200 are your best choices. Shop eBay and you will save money (as well it may already have been flashed for you). All will need to be flashed (LSI may be a little easier). The process is not that hard actually. Perc 6/i is limited in that it can only see up to 2.2TB of any drive, so you may want to just forget it unless you never plan on using a drive larger than 2 TB.

littleme02

Cadet
IBM M1015, LSI 9211 or Perc H200 are your best choices. Shop eBay and you will save money (as well it may already have been flashed for you). All will need to be flashed (LSI may be a little easier). The process is not that hard actually. Perc 6/i is limited in that it can only see up to 2.2TB of any drive, so you may want to just forget it unless you never plan on using a drive larger than 2 TB.

Okay the perc6 seems like a lost cause right now, even thou i don't really need more than 2TB disks

Buying a M1015 soon

Thanks for the input anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.