QSV encoding failing on docker image jlesage/docker-handbrake

gnrlmayhem

Cadet
Hi all, I'm trying to determine if this is an issue with the image/handbrake or something I'm failing to do in Truenas Scale
-
TrueNas Scale Bluefin
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700
-
I ran the command midclt call system.advanced.update '{"kernel_extra_options": "i915.force_probe=4680" }' to enable the graphics.
-
Screenshot from 2023-02-03 21-22-17.png

The other card is an nvidia card I have isolated for virtualisation.
Screenshot from 2023-02-03 21-24-14.png

-
It appears that is all good. I am also running emby and that shows the options for transcoding and can confirm it transcode as required.
-
The docker image jlesage/docker-handbrake spins up with no issues, using the default setup.
-
Going to Video Settings and the encode, it shows the Quick Sync options:
-
Screenshot from 2023-02-03 21-29-47.png

-
The problem is when I try to use the Intel QSV options, I get this error:
-
Screenshot from 2023-02-03 21-31-50.png

-
There was a known issue with Handbrake and this image, a work around was to go to presets.json and add lowpower=0 to VideoOptionExtra which I did but the same error.
-
I have also tried the Truecharts Handbrake but I think it to uses the same image.
-
Is there anything else I could look at for more info or has anybody got this working?
-
I have tried the docker to be run as root but same issue. Any non QSV encoders work.

Saberwolf

Explorer
This was just released submit a ticket to Jira and to the truenas Chart team this will help. find a solution. also they have not added in the template yet for GPU acceleration support. please add to jira ticket system. this will help the project move along @stavroswtf

Saberwolf

Explorer
it looks like Jira is having a active issue submit when they resolve it @waqarahmed

@Saberwolf - Do you think this could also be causing the issue I see with the official Plex app that isn't activating QSV either, even though everything is configured correctly?