qBittorrent PlugIn

Status
Not open for further replies.

s4zando

Cadet
All:

In a series of Private Messages between Joshua Parker Ruehlig and myself, I was encouraged to post a request for a PlugIn for qBittorrent (http://www.qbittorrent.org/).

While Transmission may be stronger than qBit in a number of areas, it seems like qBit has many more of the features that FreeNAS users are requesting (chief among them is the RSS feed support that Transmission dev's don't want to implement). As many of you are probably more than aware, Transmission + FlexGet is another option, but it's not nearly as easy to config or to get running for less sophisticated users (as the qBit client is). ...and FlexGet is not nearly as flexible since you need to manually edit config files for the RSS feeds each time you want to change/add/delete feeds.

Joshua concurred with my reasoning and thoughts here, but didn't have the bandwidth to tackle himself, so at his urging, I've posted this request here, with the hopes that ProtoSD or others may jump-in and hang-on.

My *nix skills are burgeoning on "enough to be dangerous", and I'm afraid I don't have enough experience with any particular flavor of *nix to do me any good when it comes to creating FreeNAS/FreeBSD PlugIns. However, I'm more than willing to chip in where I can. My Technical documentation skills are strong, I'm certainly willing to assist as a tester (with guidance as needed), and I'm willing to toss donations into a hat...

Any takers?

paleoN

Wizard
Yet, you seem to have missed the [thread=137]sticky above[/thread].

s4zando

Cadet
...and yet, paleoN, maybe I did. (Was it really necessary for you to reply in that way?) This may be my first rodeo at this stadium, but it's not my first rodeo ever. I get the stickies - I follow the stickies. Stickies are sticky for a reason.

...and yes, I've researched the matter of the/an existing qBittorrent PBI and discovered that it doesn't function within FreeNAS as it stands. From what I'm given to understand, it will not integrate fully into the FreeNAS GUI as other FreeNAS PlugIns do. (FreeNAS PBI's are basically the standard PBI's that are used for PC-BSD, but with an extra plugin layer for linking it into the interface system, right? If not, that's ok, I'm certainly willing to be wrong here! I think I've already professed my lack of deep knowledge of *BSD in my previous post.)

Want to look into the existing PBI available for qBittorrent? Last updated Feb 8, 2013.

Thanks!

./s4z

paleoN

Wizard
...and yet, paleoN, maybe I did. (Was it really necessary for you to reply in that way?)
:confused: The link was for the plugin request sticky. Given you are making a plugin request, you might find it helpful to post in said sticky as that's what most people will look at. I know next to nothing about qBittorrent myself.

Don't take things personally and you will likely have a more rewarding forum experience.

s4zando

Cadet
Posted PBI request at FreeNAS PBI_Requests.

... While Transmission may be stronger than qBit in a number of areas, it seems like qBit has many more of the features that FreeNAS users are requesting (chief among them is the RSS feed support that Transmission dev's don't want to implement). As many of you are probably more than aware, Transmission + FlexGet is another option, but it's not nearly as easy to config or to get running for less sophisticated users (as the qBit client is). ...and FlexGet is not nearly as flexible since you need to manually edit config files for the RSS feeds each time you want to change/add/delete feeds. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.