qBittorrent plugin keeps breaking, getting frustrating, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diskdiddler

Wizard
In the past 6 months, my qBittorrent jail has broken at least 3 times maybe more.
I have to be frank, it's frustrating.

I created a fresh one, less than 4 days ago now. I configured it and it's been fine. I've been able to stop and start it in that time, no problem.
I rebooted this morning, it's dead again.

Jail stops / starts, no problem, can iocage console jailname in to it.
Jail can be pinged, I can ping out of the jail.

It's the same thing, every time, no web interface.

EDIT:
Please see this post
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ing-getting-frustrating-why.71790/post-497991
qBittorrent refuses to start at boot, despite being in rc.local - if I type in the same command to start it, it works, but it's lacking all my settings, it's like it's a fresh new copy?
You can see my settings / config file is still on the filesystem, definitely there. You can see the log file, clearly showing, it was running previously.

Why isn't it starting at jail start, why, when manually started is it broken? Baffling.

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
what is the output of cat /etc/rc.conf, in the jail?

diskdiddler

Wizard
EDIT: This post was incorrect, rc.conf is fine.

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
okey, what is the output of ls /usr/local/etc/rc.d/?

diskdiddler

Wizard
Only 1 word "dbus"

diskdiddler

Wizard
However, I get the same dbus response from a fresh installed new plugin.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Last edited:

diskdiddler

Wizard
EMPTY

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
I don’t have a virtual machine to spin up a plugin and installing plugins on my own server isn’t feasible as it would proabobly break my network segregation. You need to find out how the plugin runs the service as your rc.d folder is empty

Personally I would just install from ports in a standard jail

diskdiddler

Wizard
I don’t have a virtual machine to spin up a plugin and installing plugins on my own server isn’t feasible as it would proabobly break my network segregation. You need to find out how the plugin runs the service as your rc.d folder is empty

Personally I would just install from ports in a standard jail

I don't know what network seggregation is, but I'd be surprised if just installing a plugin would break your system, that seems bad?
The rc.d folder appears empty in my original, previously working jail, except "dbus"

I just installed a brand new jail......... I continue to get ONLY dbus when I type in.

Code:
root@qbittorrent_3:~ # ls /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
dbus
root@qbittorrent_3:~ #

So I'm not sure that's the issue.

garm

Wizard
In my case I have jails, shares and FreeNAS itself in different vlan’s. I don’t think the plugins care about that but will simply pick my maintenance interface.

Somewhere in that plugin of yours there is a script to start qtorrent. You either find the documentation, reverse engineer the plugin or install qtorrent in a standard jail from ports

diskdiddler

Wizard
I agree with what needs to be done, but my skills are lacking - hence the thread.

I'm hoping to find an easy fix, the fact it's gone on THREE times is getting tedious as hell.

diskdiddler

Wizard
EDIT: Too messy, post below sums it up.

Last edited:

diskdiddler

Wizard
I have dug so much deeper! I am angry at this problem, I will not give up!

If I start the jail and type "top" qbittorrent isn't running.
Then I check the contents of
/root/post_install.sh
I can clearly see the creation script, echoing a line into /etc/rc.local which is
"/usr/local/bin/qbittorrent-nox -d"

If I manually run this command.
qbittorrent starts. HOWEVER:
It starts on the wrong port (8080) it starts 'fresh' with no guts, none of my settings are there.
If I restart the jail, after running this command, qbittorrent isn't running still.

You can confirm that my settings SHOULD be working, because they're in /.config/qBittorrent/qBittorrent.conf
You can see it was working previously, because of the contents of /root/.local/share/data/qBittorrent/logs/qbittorrent.log

Here is an ACTUAL link to my jail itself for someone smart to import.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gukutc35as9ee5/jail.rar?dl=0

You can download these files, put them in
/mnt/????/iocage/images

Type "iocage import qbittorrent"
I believe it's configured for DHCP.
The WebUI should appear at port 56197 not 8080.

I challenge anyone to figure out why qBittorrent is being so "rude" and outright refusing to start OR only starting blank without my settings. I can literally see the conf file, with my settings in it.

diskdiddler

Wizard
Status
Not open for further replies.