Prowlarr inplace of Jackett

gunnahafta

Dabbler
I blew away my Jacket plugin installation in order to reinstall Jackett in a jail. However when I went to install Jacket there is some bug with mono6.8 (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=258709) that Jackett depends on. As a result Jacket cant talk to any of the trackers out there to search and grab torrent\magnet links.

As a result I fond myself looking for a Jackett alternative given it seems to be totally screwed now and I have had ongoing issues with Jackett in general. Manu people swear by Prowlarr so I installed it and while yes it seems better than Jackett I cant figure out how to point my Sonarr and Radarr applications indexers to Prowlarr like you do with Jackett.

Is this just not the way Prowlarr works?
If not can anyone suggest an alternate that works the same way as Jackett?

LarsR

Guru
can't speak for core, but on scale you can add all *arr apps with either hostname or ip so they can talk to each other.
On scale i'm using prowlarr, sonarr and radarr and they all can talk to each other.

dak180

Patron
However when I went to install Jacket there is some bug with mono6.8
This issue is caused by a confluence of two separate issues: first is a bad cert and the other (described in the issue you linked) is that the config location for the package in base jails is not writable. There are two solutions to the second issue: patch the package so that the config files are in the right place or use a different jail type, such as thick, in which that location is writable.