Problem with hdd standby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I hope somebody can help me with my problem.

I´m a home user that wants to have a nas to access my files from computers on my lan. I will not use it constantly, maybe a couple of times per week so I want to be able to put the disk to sleep after 30/60 minutes after last accessed.

With Freenas 9 no matter what I do on the web gui or commands via shell I can´t get it to work properly. The disk stops but randomly it spins up again without me doing anything for that to happen. I´ve read all the threads available and tried every suggestion but still experiencing the problem.

Now I´m on version 8.3.1P2 and configured the hdd stdby time to 20 minutes and what happens is that the disk stops after 20 minutes and a minute later starts again and most probably it will cause it to break instead of extending life cycle which is what I want.

The hardware I´m using is a 10¨ netbook BGH N10 with Intel Atom, 2GB Ram and connected a 2TB 3.5 disk which is powered externally.

I´ll appreciate any suggestions on how to get it to sleep and not spin up without me accessing it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.