Problem with copying certain files

Ivan_A

Cadet
Hello, I am very new to FreeNAS and have set it up to have a simple backup/storage as a network drive. I set up a few pools and SMB shares, following some simple youtube videos.

I now have a problem: I can copy all the documents/pictures/videos to my network drives, but cannot copy .exe, .cmd and .dll files (there might be others) - it says Destination folder action denied: you need permission to perform this action. I found some topics with similar problems, but with no or very outdated solutions.

I am the admin and am supposed to have all permissions. How can I fix this?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Sounds like a setting in the dataset configuration. What version are you using and are you in the new GUI or the old one?

Ivan_A

Cadet
Hello Chris, I am in the 11.3-U5 version and it's the first time. It's the GUI with the black background, probably the new version.
I figured this could be the dataset, but could not find a solution. I mostly used 'basic' settings when I was setting this up, and my user has 'full control'.

Could this be any sort of security? Not allowing files because the could potentially be harmful? I know Windows likes doing those kinds of things.