Problem flashing H310 on Dell R710

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
> mps0: <Avago Technologies (LSI) SAS2008> port 0xfc00-0xfcff mem 0xdf2b0000-0xdf2bffff,0xdf2c0000-0xdf2fffff irq 40 at device 0.0 on pci7
> mps0: Firmware: 19.00.00.00, Driver: 21.01.00.00-fbsd
There is this. It looks like you didn't get the latest firmware loaded into your SAS controller.
It should be 20.07 on the firmware if I recall correctly, but my memory is not perfect.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It should be 20.07 on the firmware if I recall correctly, but my memory is not perfect.

I guess some developer got paid by the zero.

NASr710

Explorer
Thank you. I will upgrade this week. From what I read, all i need is to use the sas2flash -c CARD_ID -o -f FILENAME command.

Then set a SAS ID sas2flash -c CARDID -o -sasadd HEXSTRING

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

NASr710

Explorer
Yes. Of course. I left that step out. Thanks.

NASr710

Explorer
I have been trying to do a USB boot drive (overwrote the other) and for some reason it is not working. The instructions say to copy all the files to a bootable USB drive. I created a DOS boot USB using Rufus, and also tried what I had before, using a different DOS image, and either it does not boot up DOS normally, or it can not find the sas2flash command. Anynew ideas?

Zredwire

Explorer
Are you using this guide? After making your bootable flash drive, when you copy over the contents from the zip files, do not overwrite any files currently on the flash drive. Also if you are booting into DOS you use the Megarec and Sas2flsh. If booting EFI then you use Sas2flash. But there are different version of sas2flsh and sas2flas on the drive. It is all explained in the Resource Guide. It is a long read but it will work if you follow it. I have the same card and tried two other guides and they did not work. I tried the one in the resources section and it worked.

NASr710

Explorer
Maybe that is my issue, I have been overwriting the files (following the first guide that I was using). It worked great when i flashed the card, but it flashed it to p19. I was trying to upgrade to p20.

NASr710

Explorer
I guess the question i have is if i can leave the files in the megarec and sas2flash folder where they are, or the contents also need to be in the root directory? Last night, when i typed the sas2flash command, it gave me an 'unknown command' message.

I originally followed these directions. I double checked the version, and it does seem to be the P20 firmware in the link they had provided. Anyway, should be home soon and will try again.

NASr710

Explorer
So I finally got it. I used the instructions on https://tylermade.net/2017/06/27/ho...-lsi-9211-8i-firmware-hba-for-freenas-unraid/, and the files they say to download. I downloaded the files in their link. I used Rufus to make a FreeDOS USB and copied downloaded files onto it. This works for my h310 card in the r710. These were the original directions I used at first when I ended up with the p19 firmware.

I tried the FreeNAS files first but it just did not work. Keep getting ‘unknow command’ errors. Anyway, all good with p20 loaded.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.