Problem A8N-VM CSM nfe0: discard frame w/o leading ethernet header (len 0 pkt len 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaime Branco

Cadet
Hello

I have instaled the last version off FreeNas in a A8N-VM CSM (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_Socket_939/A8NVM_CSM/)
But wen i boot the computer i always get "nfe0: discard frame w/o leading ethernet header (len 0 pkt len 0)"
I have to do "ifconfig nfe0 down" and then "ifconfig nfe0 up" and the problem stays resolved until i reboot the computer again.
What can i do to resolve this problem??

Jaime

survive

Behold the Wumpus
Hi Jamie,

It might be best to just pony up $25 and get an Intel "CT" pci-e NIC & disable the nfe interface in the bios.

-Will

hlakke

Cadet
Hi I am new here so may ask stupid questions from time to time. So far I have put 4 USB sticks and 3 old dual core systems thru the ringer wanting to find a workable solution. the closet to a working freenas system I have so far is having this issue........

Sooooooooooooooo anyone have any idea's on this?

Ummmmm ok strike that..... You will think I am crazy but. It had to be a faulty network cable. out of laughs I switched the cat 5 out with a cat 6 cable. and error went away.... time to try to add the drives in and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.