Previous Versions not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedeadzone

Dabbler
So I got a Problem with Previous Versions under Win 8 using a CIFS share.
I got 3 Different Snapshots tasks with different life times, I aware that freenas can only show me one type of snapshots.
But I can't see any previous Versions when accessing a share that's mapped to a parent Dataset.
When I access the same the same Folder/Files via a Share on the Child Dataset they belong to, I can see previous versions, so thats seems to be some kind of issue with freenas and parent datasets.

Anyone got any ideas whats causing this ?

FreeNAS-9.2.1.6-RELEASE-x64 (ddd1e39)

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
First, upgrade to the release version. There's no telling if this is a bug with the RC or RELEASE so first you should make sure you aren't the one with the problem.

thedeadzone

Dabbler
First of sorry for overlooking that is was still on RC , updated to RELEASE and the Bug continues.
If I access a folder via a share that is mapped to the parent dataset of some dataset I see no previous versions.
If I access the same folder via a share that is mapped to child dataset the folder belongs to, I see previous versions.

My datasets look like this
Media
--- Music
--- Photos
--- Movies
If I map the subsets it works.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So first things first, can you make sure what you said in your first post is correct? I see things like "but I can" and I think you meant "but I can't".

Status
Not open for further replies.