Poweredge 2950 + 6HD 2 TB ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

webstyler

Explorer
Hello guys

Would like to use 2 poweredge 2950 for build freenas server (first 2950) and sync on other dc (second 2950)

as HD we think to buy 12 HD seagate constellation 2TB

as raid card we think to use Perc 6i card that at this time is on 1950

any experience on this configuration ?

any suggest on minimal memory ?

Thanks for any help and suggest

cheezehead

Dabbler
Depends on the vintage of the 2950. If they are 2950 III's then I would use a usb pen drive and the internal USB port (or SD card slot if equipped...it's been a few years). The Perc 6i will need to run in a JBOD configuration....just passing the disks through in order to use ZFS as designed.

Ram depends on the usage patterns and what features your planning on using. General rule of thumb for ZFS is 1GB for every 1TB of disk space, though some go over and some go under this.

webstyler

Explorer
Hello
Depends on the vintage of the 2950. If they are 2950 III's then I would use a usb pen drive and the internal USB port (or SD card slot if equipped...it's been a few years).

Hello Cheezehead
OMG, sorry for delay of my answer.. I don't see alert of your post
Thanks for info

I would like to build RAID 10 with PERC6/i installed, so build 6TB disk array.. but, freenas could by managed this ?

Why you suggest to install in a pen drive ?

Ram depends on the usage patterns and what features your planning on using. General rule of thumb for ZFS is 1GB for every 1TB of disk space, though some go over and some go under this.

The Perc 6i will need to run in a JBOD configuration....just passing the disks through in order to use ZFS as designed.

As write think to use Raid 10 by Perc 6, so not need to run JBOD configuration and not use ZFS..
What do you think about ??

Thanks for any help or suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.