Some system details:
  • Freenas 11.3 U4 (i think)
  • Dell Poweredge R510
  • 2 Xeon E5620
  • 64GB ram
  • H200 IT mode
  • 8 3TB HGST sas drives (RaidZ3)
  • 5 120GB ssd's (RaidZ1)
  • 2 32gb Usb sticks for OS (with fault tolerance)

So Yesterday the power went off for some time and the backup battery failed :frown: so the server went offline, this happened before and when the power comes up it will normally boot up and get into freenas no problem.

Well this time i got an email a couple hours before the power outage (amazing timing right :confused:) stating that one of the boot sticks failed so the partition is in a degraded state now, so now it won't boot from neither usb stick and when manually selecting from which usb to boot of i get this amazing screen and it wont get past this stage, it's been an hour now.

If i install freenas on another usb stick is my data & jails lost or can i import them ?

PS. i don't have an freenas config backup, totally forgot about making a backup of an backup server...

Knipsel.PNG

Rafael44p

Cadet
Update:
When no drives are connected i can boot into freenas without any problem.
the only problem now is that when i connect the drives it wont show me the pools and show as unused drive.

sretalla