Possible Bug: iSCSI Initiators Group Totally Ignoring Defined "Authorized Networks"

Dasos

Dabbler
I recently converted my home setup from CORE to SCALE. After which, the iSCSI is totally ignoring the "authorized networks" in the initiator group allowing access and connectivity to any host on the network. I have a dedicated VLAN & Network for SAN traffic with multiple targets shared from the same portal but would use the authorized networks to dial one more IPs for the clients to connect to the only target its allowed (so I don't cross mount LUNs, ie ESXi shared vs a NTFS volume with windows used for IPCam data). Has anyone witnessed this behavior before?

This is an important system I used around the clock at home so I will just work around it for now. I can use authroized itiators in the groups to lock them down; that works but not ideal.

I have another box I can try and "fresh" scale install to see if it happens there but my guess this is a bug between converting. Thanks!

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I recently converted my home setup from CORE to SCALE. After which, the iSCSI is totally ignoring the "authorized networks" in the initiator group allowing access and connectivity to any host on the network. I have a dedicated VLAN & Network for SAN traffic with multiple targets shared from the same portal but would use the authorized networks to dial one more IPs for the clients to connect to the only target its allowed (so I don't cross mount LUNs, ie ESXi shared vs a NTFS volume with windows used for IPCam data). Has anyone witnessed this behavior before?

This is an important system I used around the clock at home so I will just work around it for now. I can use authroized itiators in the groups to lock them down; that works but not ideal.

I have another box I can try and "fresh" scale install to see if it happens there but my guess this is a bug between converting. Thanks!

Certainly possible there is a bug there. We moved from a FreeBSD iSCSI implementation to Linux SCST. If you don't mind helping us debug, I'd suggest reporting a bug.