Port Forwarding - multiple IP's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpitts74

Dabbler
I have setup the following services on my FreeNAS

1. owncloud
  2. submarine
When I setup the own cloud plugin I set port forwarding on my router which has given me access to own cloud using dynamic DNS, which is great. But i'm alittle unclear about how I access the other services remotely on my freeness, such as submarine or how I setup remote FTP access?

Is it possible to access multiple services, I presume it's all about correctly setting up port forwarding and using different ports, sadly this is where my knowledge stops, so if someone is able to explain or direct me to some clear guidance on this subject that would be much appreciated.

adrianwi

Guru
You just need to forward the ports the external request is coming in on (for ownCloud this will be either 80 or 443, and you must have forwarded those to your ownCloud jail IP) to the appropriate IP address and port on your network.

danb35

Hall of Famer
...but unless the services/plugins are hardened for Internet exposure, that really isn't a good idea. Either a VPN or an SSH tunnel is much safer. Unless you want an electronic visit from @RussianMafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.