Poor performance when deleting files (IOPS?)

ChrisReeve

Explorer
Good morning

I have noticed some weird performance issues while deleting multiple files. This only happens when deleting files. I can do mass-renaming of files at far higher speeds (IOPS).

One example: Deleting 200 files see speeds drop towards 1 file/s in Windows 10 (SMB share). Is this normal, or some sort of issue, and if it is, is it client based (my Windows 10 desktop), or server based?

HW:
MB: X9SRL-F
CPU: E5-2650 v2
RAM: 64GB (48GB dedicated to freeNAS, 16GB to a VM in freeNAS)
HBAs: 2x LSI 9211-8i in IT-mode
Main (and only) pool: 10x10TB WD Red White Labels
NIC: Intel X540-T2

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Have you tried using the ixnas VFS object and removing zfsacl and zfs_space objects?

You should look for the threads/resources from @anodos to make your SMB shares work their best.

ChrisReeve

Explorer
Have you tried using the ixnas VFS object and removing zfsacl and zfs_space objects?

You should look for the threads/resources from @anodos to make your SMB shares work their best.
I'm dont know what this is, so no, I havent tried it hah. But I will look into it, and try. I guess this might be covered in anodos' threads?

sretalla