Poor ISCSI performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi folks, i`m a litlle new on freenas, i have a dell poweredge 2950 with 6 x 2tb Western Digital into a Raid Z1 whit one Zvol of 8.0 TB, i had configure it with ISCSI service and it works fine, the problems is the performance, its very slow when i try to write files, it's conected over a Gigabyte network and the Iperf says its ok, any suggets to improve performance?

thanks!!!

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Yes, start reading. Providing performance details (how slow is "very slow"), System specs and version also help.

You can use striped mirrors to improve performance instead of RAID Z1, maybe add more RAM, don't fill the pool too much, Maybe add an L2ARC (refer to comment about adding more RAM), and if you are using "sync=always", invest in a good SLOG.

Good luck.

Specs:
Server: Dell power Edge 2950
Build: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201505130355
Platform: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHz
Memory: 16353MB

First i`ve made a test server into the poweredge 2950 with 3 *1 tb disk in Raid z, one Zvol with 500 gb and ISCSI works great, now with the 6x2tb disk the performance drop about 60 percent, could i use raid 5 istead of raiz z? it could improve performance?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Don't use more than 50% of your storage and use mirrored vdevs. Then come back with those performance numbers. After that we will tell you to add more memory up to about 64GB. Then after that look into ssd caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.