Plugins won't start after updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having difficulties with updating plugins. I have 4 installed (OwnCloud, CrashPlan, BT Sync & MINEOS Minecraft server). I am running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502232343 on a Proliant N54L microserver.

On a number of occasions I have noticed an update available for the BTSync plugin. When I click on update, the plugin appears to install correctly but after installation (even if I reboot) it refuses to start. The only way I can get it working again is to delete the plugin and reinstall it. With BTSync this meant resetting up all the sync folders from my PCs.

Until this morning I thought this was an issue with the BTSync plugin. Today I caw an update available for the OwnCloud plugin and tried to update it from the GUI. I had exactly the same problem as with BTSync, it appeared to install but refused to start, even after rebooting the FreeNAS. Deleting and reinstalling it got it going again.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong in the update proceedure? As it stands the patch updates are of little use to me as I keep having to delete and reinstall my plugins.

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well, updating plugins has always been somewhat shaky. It's the primary reason why I abandoned plugins completely after I found out what a mess it is. I don't expect this to ever change and is "part of getting push-button installs".

Plex users have reported updating taking 2+ days because of the process.

Nick Howard

Contributor
I have the same problems with plugins, I find sometimes stopping and restarting the jails brings them back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.