Plugins stopped working after applying Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

venkavis

Explorer
Hi

I am on the 9.3 STABLE Release.

Yesterday night the system alerted me about updates and when I installed, the system says rebooting and after the reboot it hung for 2 hrs after showing the console screen with selections. I waited another couple of hours and rebooted.

After that the system came up and everything was normal except the plugins stopped working. I have only 2 plugins installed PLex and MediaBrowser. I tried to manually start but it goes back to OFF.

Also the list of plugins show nothing. First I get 'unexpected token' and when I refresh I get blank list.

After 9.3 after applying updates I also observed that you have reboot twice for the system to work.

Where can I check on whats wrong? I also checked verify configuration and it did not show any errors.

~Venkavis

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages? Also, note that you can boot into a previous version should an update fail.

venkavis

Explorer
Attached is the messages.

Looks like the FreeNAS server is not able to connect to internet.

Attachments

• messages.txt
    102.5 KB · Views: 228

venkavis

Explorer
I tried booting with the previous state and it ends up in panic and system hangs. Attached is the screenshot.
IMG_0719.JPG

venkavis

Explorer
Error Screenshot.JPG

D

dlavigne

That's weird. What's the size of the boot device? Do you get the same errors if you boot from a different stick with the latest STABLE installed on it?

venkavis

Explorer
The boot device is 16GB. The error you see on the top is trying to boot from a previous version/update point.

So I reverted back to the latest update.

I browsed through the messages in jails and kind of figured that this may be due to permissions. So I deleted all the plugins and jails and manually uploaded the pbi's. And now Plex plugin works.

One of the things I can think of is I was trying to set the permissions on the ZPOOL and ZFS Datasets since I was having some issues with the updates from my Windows machines. So I followed the sharing instrutions from the documentation. After a day I had to reboot the system since I had updated the FreeNAS.

What is wierd is the permissions when I check now shows that all my changes to permissions before the update is gone somehow.

Could somebody help me with how the permissions should be set with the right owner and group starting from the ZPOOL then the ZFS Datasets like JAIL and user ZFS Datasets etc.

I think I screwed up by changing permissions at ZPOOL level and applied recursively. I also saw that there could be a bug with recursively setting permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.