Plugin troubleshooting guides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Hey all,

I have been having trouble with my NZBHydra Plugin stopping itself. It seems to happen once a day, and when I select for it to turn on in the UI it does so everytime.

My question, are there some troubleshootings basics guides I can check out? I am not sure where to start to troubleshoot this.

Thanks.

Jason

D

dlavigne

Best place to start is the logs. Anything in /var/log/messages on either the FreeNAS system or inside the jail?

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Thanks for advice... i see this in the jail /var/log/messages:

Aug 27 09:07:41 nzbhydra_1 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Aug 27 09:11:24 nzbhydra_1 syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel
Aug 27 21:17:04 nzbhydra_1 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Aug 27 21:19:50 nzbhydra_1 syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel
Aug 27 21:41:59 nzbhydra_1 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Aug 27 21:44:25 nzbhydra_1 syslogd: kernel boot file is /boot/kernel/kernel

Oddly, that is the last date with a log entry is the 27th of August. Shouldnt it be write more log data since then?

D

dlavigne

Was the system rebooted on that date? It sounds like it as signal 15 is another process is waiting for it to shutdown cleanly.

Anything in that log file on the FreeNAS system itself?

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Hmm... so I think I may have a clue as to what is going on. When i logged back into my UI today I noticed this in the log running at the bottom of the page:

Sep 18 23:40:25 freenas kernel: pid 72060 (python2.7), uid 350: exited on signal 11
Sep 19 23:24:37 freenas kernel: pid 30484 (python2.7), uid 350: exited on signal 11

These seem to correspond to times I needed to restart NZBHydra. Any idea how I could fix this?

D

dlavigne

Signal 11 is typically RAM starvation (or bad RAM). How much RAM is in the system, how many jails/plugins are you running, and can you add more RAM to that system?

Status
Not open for further replies.