Plugin access to data

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasfaha

Cadet
I am very new to FreeNAS but am glad to have run across it as there seems to be a lot of great features.

The part I am struggling with is access to a datastore. I have setup my datastore which is working well however not clear on what user the jails where the plugins (couch potato, sick beard and sabz) use to access the datastore. I don't want all users on the network to have full access to the datastore and would like to limit write access just to a few accounts and the plugins.

I have gone through a few guides however most that I have found have the datastore will full access to all users. If there is one that describes what I would need to do please let me know and I will go through it.

again sorry if this is already covered somewhere.

thanks.

Knowltey

Patron
You *should* be able to create a share of the data that you want the jail to be able to have access to and then mount it on the jail the plugin is running on using the CLI. For example if you used CIFS to share the data in question you could use the mount_smbfs command.

rm-r

Contributor
also, if you are using sickbeard etc in jails on the freenas box you don't need to "Share" them anywhere - just use mount points (under each jails settings in the jails to give each jail access to that dataset - job done - thats how i do it

so i make a folder called "TV" in the sickbeard jail, then map it using a mountpoint to the actual "TV" datastore (not if the jail is running when you do this you need to restart it to find the new mount point

Status
Not open for further replies.