PlexMedia Sever not playing alot of my videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetallest

Dabbler
I recently had to re-install everything from scratch. I had installed FreeNAS 9.2 to begin with not knowing that 9.3 was out. I installed the latest Plexmedia Server ( Ver 0.9.11.4.739_1 ) from the plugins area. I then started to add my media back to my server. Only a handful of media is actually playing the rest I get the following error "There was a problem playing this item.". Nothing has changed about this media at all. I was able to pull it down my local machine and then once I got FreeNAS up and running and plex installed I proceeded to upload my media back onto my drive system. I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Yes I did check the permissions on each folder and they are all the same. Yes I made sure that each file is still playable by other players I have my local system. I look forward to any help. Please make it a step by step on your return help. I have also upgraded to 9.3 via the gui and the problem still exists.

thetallest

Dabbler
It seems I was running into a permissions issues on plex which I have fixed. So if anyone runs into this check yer permissions.....

Status
Not open for further replies.