PlexDVR Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooter

Dabbler
Hello,

I have plexdvr setup and am curious about where it stores recordings. I don't see anywhere in the settings and I really don't want it to drop it in a random location or library. Is it possible to set this?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Ask on the Plex forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

cooter

Dabbler
Already did, thought I would try both sites (no response there yet).

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
So it took me 10sec to find this answer an google. When you click a show to record it you set the "add to library" and this is just the normal path you have setup.

What library do you save your recordings to and then look up what path that library uses. Try looking it up for yourself next time, it's really easy. If not what problem are you having with that process?

cooter

Dabbler
Thanks.

Also, I did search on the freenas and plex forums and read a couple reddit threads to no avail. I did not try any recordings as I wanted to know where it was going to save to before I started the recording, that is the reason for not just clicking to record.

And after another search I found this for those that need the info: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/230859/plex-dvr-record-location

scrappy

Patron
Plex DVR saves recordings to whichever 'TV' and 'Movies' directories you have set up for media storage so long as they are write accessible by Plex. In my case, I am still using FreeNAS Corral and run Plex from a Linux VM. I created a ZFS dataset called plex with tv and movies sub directories on my FreeNAS host which is given read/write permissions specifically for Plex user/group. The rest of my entertainment media is stored elsewhere on my FreeNAS under a different user/group. Plex can still be access this content but cannot make any changes to those files. If you're running Plex in a FreeNAS jail, this might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.