Plex : unable to connect securely

asibis

Cadet
I recently installed plex app on truenas scale. I am able to access it via local IP from my browser. It shows up in my account on plex.tv but I get an error that it can't connect to the server securely.

I am mainly interested in accessing the content via Android application but due to this error I cannot.

I've network security set to preferred (not required). Remote access is disabled. Android app and server are on same subnet and no vlans configured. I tried setting App settings to accept insecure connections but that didn't change anything.

Lost about what to do next. Any ideas?

zixuw

Cadet
I had the exact same problem. And it seemed that I just fixed it, not sure how exactly but here's what I did:
I tried to switch the Secure connections setting to required from the browser with the IP address. Then I lost connection with the plex server (of course). I restarted the pod in TrueNAS SCALE but I don't think this is needed because then I realized that I could access the server via https://<IP>:32400. Chrome warned about the certificate but you can confirm to access anyway. And boom the problem is fixed. I see the little green lock next to the Plex server on TrueNAS, the same as my other plex server hosted on Synology. And I can access the server from plex.tv and apps on my phone and iPad.

Like I said, not sure how exactly it got fixed. Probably try to access the server for once with https://

vlietstra

Cadet
I recently installed plex app on truenas scale. I am able to access it via local IP from my browser. It shows up in my account on plex.tv but I get an error that it can't connect to the server securely.

I am mainly interested in accessing the content via Android application but due to this error I cannot.

I've network security set to preferred (not required). Remote access is disabled. Android app and server are on same subnet and no vlans configured. I tried setting App settings to accept insecure connections but that didn't change anything.

Lost about what to do next. Any ideas?
Did you ever manage to get this sorted, I've been battling with it for a couple days and I keep hitting a dead end.

opensourceFTW

Explorer
Today I ran into the same problem. Plex wont allow me to watch anything that I host, only plex pass stuff.

How can this be fixed? Also, why did this pop up now?