Plex Problems and Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

varcal

Explorer
i am new to freenas

I am trying to get my plex to work and i have nothinging but problems i followed the on line on installing it
i had it working great the first time i installed then my plex stoped working i could not get it to work so i reset my freenas 11 to factory and reinstall the plug in and set every thing back up and know it will not show my media i can see the folder in plex the files are there in jails i face the source foing to /mnt/Data/plex-media that is where i have every thing and the destination i have it going to /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server the only thing that shows up is photo's music and video do not display

also my remote access in plex dose not work i have my router set-up right but plex says

Not available outside your network
Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network. Learn more

how can i fix that

nojohnny101

Wizard
If you post questions on here and ask for help, try to be as descriptive as possible. Also, at a minimum, you should list full hardware specs and specific freenas version. I'm going to type the information making some assumptions since you didn't provide near enough information on what you have already done and what troubleshooting steps you have already taken.

Plex not seeing your storage is likely a permissions issue. Doing a search will point you in the right direction and will get you to an answer faster then me typing it out. Hint: ensure you have a matching user on the freenas side (plex user and plex group) that has at very least read capability (read/write if you use the DVR function).

As far as plex not being reachable. That is most definitely a networking issue. Again you can google this as this is a common problem but some things to check:
- make sure plex has a static IP
- make sure you have proper forwarding rules on your router tied to plex's ip (32400 I believe)
- make sure the plex jail can reach the internet

varcal

Explorer
I got the remote to work on plex

but it still can't see the files

I am using freenas 11
I have a wd 4 tb red hd for my data
16 gig memory

I set up the jails
source as /mnt/Data/plex-media
destination to /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server

I go into plex and add my media and I see my folders but plex dose not add the media in the folders Plex only adds the Photos and nothing else

I keep trying to fixer it out and I can't find the fix

nojohnny101

Wizard
you didn't read what I said, or at least understand it. Did you check permissions on the dataset where your media is located?

danb35

Hall of Famer

varcal

Explorer
I checked the permissions some say nobody as owner group is wheel
I change owner to root but still not working as root

I am trying to under stand

nojohnny101

Wizard
It seems like English isn't your first language. You're writing is not very clear.

I have already told you what to do and directed you to search. I can't do much more for you than to say you have to add a user on the GUI side of FreeNAS that matches the user in your plex jail (plex:plex with the format user:group) and make that user have permission to read/write the dataset that plex is trying to access.

I use this tutorial when I want to setup my plex installation. It is based on the old warden jail system but it is still supported and will get it working for you:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...to-install-plex-in-a-freenas-11-0-jail.19412/

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.