Plex Plugin Won't Allow me to Add Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I've recently installed freenas 11 and the plex plugin, I can connect to the web browser and login with my plex pass account, but there's no option for me to add folders from the NAS. It's almost as if it's installed the client side version of plex.
bLMIO.jpg

Attachments

• ecfd56288e6d1fcfa966fbac0223ba7a.jpg
    ecfd56288e6d1fcfa966fbac0223ba7a.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
It looks like you took a screen shot of your Plex Pass Account, not the Plex Media Server. In your web browser enter plugin IP address:32400 and this should bring up the Plex Media Server. For example, my jail IP address is 192.168.1.53 so I use 192.168.1.53:32400 to get to my server.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Why do people keep linking to external image hosts? The forum is entirely capable of hosting your images--just paste them into your post, or use the Upload a File button.

It looks like you took a screen shot of your Plex Pass Account, not the Plex Media Server. In your web browser enter plugin IP address:32400 and this should bring up the Plex Media Server. For example, my jail IP address is 192.168.1.53 so I use 192.168.1.53:32400 to get to my server.

That's what I did and it just directs me to that screen.

Why do people keep linking to external image hosts? The forum is entirely capable of hosting your images--just paste them into your post, or use the Upload a File button.

I've gotten used to Gyazo now so it's just habit.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I've gotten used to Gyazo now so it's just habit.
Do what you like, but lots of people aren't going to follow links to random image hosts. Especially when you couldn't even be bothered to include the image in your post.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

joeschmuck

Old Man
Let me see if I get this correct, the PlexMediaServer "Plugin" is really PlexMediaServer-PlexPass ? Since when? I'll admit that I install Plex in a jail like in the link @Jailer referenced, I stopped using the plugin a long time ago. Maybe it's the way you set it up after the plugin has been installed? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I don't have a Plex Pass account since I only use Plex at my home.

danb35

Hall of Famer
You'll have to do a manual install of the plexpass version in a standard jail.
Umm... why? What does plexpass have to do with this?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Umm... why? What does plexpass have to do with this?
IIRC you can't run the standard version if you have a plex pass account. But I could be mistaken........

danb35

Hall of Famer
Let me see if I get this correct, the PlexMediaServer "Plugin" is really PlexMediaServer-PlexPass ?
No, it's the other way around. The plugin is the non-plexpass version; if you want the plexpass version, you'll need to install it manually.
IIRC you can't run the standard version if you have a plex pass account.
Seems like a very odd restriction, but it would explain what OP is seeing.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It used to work a while back but they changed things and required authentication of your account upon installation. It would explain why the plugin isn't working for him and why he needs to install the plexpass version manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.