plex plugin version not available

G8One2

Patron
Just run "iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE [jailname]" to upgrade to the latest Plex os version. That will not delete your data at all. From there you can just rely on the PKG updates when they're released.

ddaenen1

Patron
Just run "iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE [jailname]" to upgrade to the latest Plex os version. That will not delete your data at all. From there you can just rely on the PKG updates when they're released.

Tried that. Doesn't seem to work. It can't find the .json file. I will post the shell notification when i get home lateron.

G8One2

Patron
That sucks. I thought that command would have worked. If your worried about messing up your database too much, just leave it as, worry about it later if something stops working. As if right now, it's working just fine

ddaenen1

Patron
That sucks. I thought that command would have worked. If your worried about messing up your database too much, just leave it as, worry about it later if something stops working. As if right now, it's working just fine

Appears there is a workaround for this. I will try it tonight and revert back.

SlackerDude

Explorer
Appears there is a workaround for this. I will try it tonight and revert back.
I hate to necro an old thread, but I am very interested in knowing what your results were. I too, have upgraded my FreeNAS to 11.3 (now 11.3U-1), but still have 11.2-RELEASE-p15 jails. Where, exactly, is the "iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE [jails name]" command run from, and is that all that is required to avoid having to reconfigure each plugin?

Last edited:

ddaenen1

Patron
I hate to necro an old thread, but I am very interested in knowing what your results were. I too, have upgraded my FreeNAS to 11.3 (now 11.3U-1), but still have 11.2-RELEASE-p15 jails. Where, exactly, is the "iocage upgrade -r 11.3-RELEASE [jails name]" command run from, and is that all that is required to avoid having to reconfigure each plugin?

You run it from the shell in the FreeNAS GUI. I didn't experience any issues with Nextcloud but you might run into some issues with Plex related to the plugin and jail naming but there is another thread which you can find HERE where we got this sorted out.