Plex plugin re-install

damdude

Dabbler
Hi can some one help me with the plex plugin install ?

I had an older version of plex but freeness was not offering the update option so I forcefully updated the plex version using PMS_updater shell script using -f and -l option to provide the new tar file. but that kind of broke the plex coz I was not able to turn on plex back again after update. so then I deleted the plex plugin without deleting the jail for it to give it a new try with fresh install and now when I click on available plugins and choose plex from it. the system starts downloading/installing but in the middle it fails as below error:

[MiddlewareError: Failed to install plugin: [warden_exception: cannot open 'volume2/plugins/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean': dataset does not exist
ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone
]]

I checked the location above and I don't see the file " .warden-template-pluginjail@clean" in that location.

Freenas version : FreeNAS-11.1-U7 , trying to install plex plugin 1.12.2.4929

damdude

Dabbler
C'mmon guys one knows the solution to my problem. I am stuck here. I 'll appreciate any kind of help you guys can offer.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You would be better off installing Plex manually in a standard jail. You'll also want to update to FreeNAS 11.2 before you do so since FreeNAS 11.1 is based on FreeBSD 11.1 which is no longer supported.