Plex Plugin - Installing newer version instead of updating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cidernaut

Cadet
Hi there,

As many before me, I have difficulties updating the Plex plugin. Current version is 0.9.9.13.525, and hitting the update button within FreeNAS has the progress bar stopping at 50%.

After upgrading to FreeNAS 9.3, I see that the Plex plugin in the list of available plugins has a higher version number (0.9.11.4.739). What will happen if I install this newer version? Will it just replace the current plugin, or will the plugin be installed twice? And in either case, will I need to rescan my library?

D

dlavigne

How long do you leave it? Plex can take a VEEEEEEEERY long time to update...

If you install, you will have a second Plex instance.

Cidernaut

Cadet
How long do you leave it? Plex can take a VEEEEEEEERY long time to update...
I leave it until the installation window goes away, don't cancel it. I already read that it may take long, but - at least in my understanding - if the window closes, the update failed.
If you install, you will have a second Plex instance.
On which, I assume, I will have to scan my libraries anew? That's not really a solution because I have to make several corrections to the automatic detection.

D

dlavigne

On which, I assume, I will have to scan my libraries anew? That's not really a solution because I have to make several corrections to the automatic detection.

I would also assume so, though I have never used plex. Are the libraries in a mount point? e.g. will just adding the same mount point in a new jail work? If not, are scanned libraries something that can be copied from one jail to another?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would also assume so, though I have never used plex. Are the libraries in a mount point? e.g. will just adding the same mount point in a new jail work? If not, are scanned libraries something that can be copied from one jail to another?
metadata are in /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata
setting up your data mountpoint the same, and restoring this directory should make things identical.

I plan on updating the plex pbi soon, and moving the metadata out from the pbi directory which will make updating much less painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.