Plex Missing Most Images in Browser and Official Plex Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1RC

Dabbler
I've been using the Plex plugin for a while, then about a month ago media posters and backgrounds stopped showing up for most items. This happens on the Plex web player as well as iOS/Android/tvOS official apps, however on a third party tvOS app (Simple X) all images work fine.Looking at a web console there are a lot of 404 when trying to load the images.

I removed the Plex plugin and created my own jail and installed Plex manually, same issue. I've got no issue with internet connectivity, no issues in the logs with not being able to parse metadata (the fact that images show up in 3rd party apps support that).

Have a look at the plex forum post in https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/232915/none-of-m-media-is-getting-matched-anymore#latest

The solution mentioned in this thread fixed it for me:
This is apparently a problem for any FreeBSD user running Plex in a jail. Jails don't have loopback addresses. There is a simple fix: go to Settings, Server, Network, hit Advanced. In "List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth" box put the IP address of the server/jail.

I put my entire network in there using 192.168.1.0/24

S1RC

Dabbler
Thanks that fixed it!

I had seen posts with similar suggestions but adding the IP of the jail didn't work, in fact it caused more trouble. Adding my whole network worked perfectly.

fmdx

Explorer
Oh my lawdy, thanks. This has been driving me nuts, I booted up my NAS after being gone for 6+ months and was very confused why it wasn't working for me.

scwst

Explorer
Ye Gods, thank you for this, this has been driving me absolutely crazy. If somebody could put this into one of the setup documents or FAQ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.