Plex Media Server plugin service status is OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomS

Dabbler
I there, the service status for my Plex Media Server plugin is always "OFF".
Even when clicking at it (there is some animation shown) after some time it should display "ON", but it keeps showing "OFF".
Strangely, the web UI of my instance is shown correctly.
How can I determine if the plugin is fully running?
How can I debug that further (i.e. why the status information does not change to "ON")?

I'm running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011
The Plexmedia plugin version is plexmediaserver-0.9.15.2.1663-amd64

Best regards,
Tom

D

dlavigne

Anything in /var/log/messages when you try to switch it to ON?

D

dlavigne

That is weird. If there's no error, it sounds likes its running but the GUI hasn't figured that out.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
What is your full hardware specs?

TomS

Dabbler
I'm running FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201602031011 on a HP Proliant Microserver.
The server has a Intel Celeron CPU: G1610T running at 2.30GHz
There is a 3 TB hard disk inserted with all the data.
System RAM: 16 GB

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the button connects to a service running the jails to run commands, that connection is usally what breaks because of networking issues.
you can run the same commands in the jail with 'service plexmediaserver start/stop/status'

sdspieg

Contributor
Joshua - is this still valid? When I do what you suggest in the jail, it tells me: "plexmediaserver is running as pid 14739". In the GUI, however, the plugin is on red. And it also doesn't work. I've tried restarting it; I've tried first stopping and then manually starting it; I have also tried to reboot it a few times - but all to no avail. My setup worked just fine for a few weeks, but then just stopped. Any ideas/suggestions?

sdspieg

Contributor
I just tried again, and this is what I got in the shell:
Code:
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # service plexmediaserver restart																		
Stopping plexmediaserver.																										  
Waiting for PIDS: 4336.																											
Cleaning up leftover child processes.																							  
Waiting for PIDS: 15918 13284 6699 6698 5286.																					  
Starting plexmediaserver.																										  
root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #																										

Does that offer any glimpses in the problem I might have? Why so many PIDS? And just for the record - even though I get no error messages when I do this, the 'installed plugin' page in the GUi still shows red ('service status off'); and the Plex server still isn't visible on the network (the FreeNAS itself is).

Last edited:

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
According to your first post Plex is working, the output on the command above shows that it is working. Don't worry about the GUI for the jails, it's crap. If you can use your Plex server let it go.

btw, you are on version 9.3, there are several versions since then. I'd wait until you need to update Plex and then have fun.

Docker is coming to FreeNAS, I'm using the Docker version in Corral and it is the best I've ever had Plex. They are supposed to be improving jails in the next release.

sdspieg

Contributor
Allan, thanks. Good to hear that improvements are on the way. In the meanwhile - this turned out to be an ip-conflict issue. As soon as I solved that, I was ok again.

Status
Not open for further replies.