Plex Media Server not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeroen

Cadet
I have installed the plugin, and everything was setup correctly. It was all working fine, until today I was watching something and it just stopped. When I checked the FreeNAS web gui the plugin was turned off, I turned it on, and it said it was successful but when I opened the Plex web gui again, it couldn't find the page.
So I tried restarting the plugin, restarting the jail, and even restarting the server, but nothing worked. Everything seems to be working:
The jail is running (seen correctly from the router),
The plugin is running (seen from FreeNAS web gui),
The service is running (according to the jail shell).
But I can't access the Plex Media Server.

If someone knows how to fix this please help.

Jeroen

Cadet
NAS IP: 192.168.1.101
Jail IP: 192.168.1.6
Trying to open: http://192.168.1.6:32400/web

Also tried changing the IP to 192.168.1.7 (and also change that in the link).
And also tried using the link in the FreeNAS web gui.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
That IP is probably in your dhcp range. I would change the jail configuration to use ip's not in your dhcp range because then your router won't randomly hand them out to other computers.

Jeroen

Cadet
whats the IP of your jail and what address are you trying to open in your web browser
I'd prefer not to, because I've shared some libraries (with some none technical people), and when I re-install the plugin it is a new server aka setting up everything and re sharing it, etc.

That IP is probably in your dhcp range. I would change the jail configuration to use ip's not in your dhcp range because then your router won't randomly hand them out to other computers.
My dhcp range is from 100+ so the IP is already outside of the dhcp range.

So I see that there might be no other way than to re-install it.

pschatz100

Guru
Jeroen:
I notice that you have not told us anything about your hardware or system configuration. You won't get any help from the heavy hitters in this forum without providing the information they need to help understand your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.