Plex Media Server no longer plays certain media codecs

TurtlePlex

Cadet
Hi all,

Not sure if I should post here or in Plex forums. My Plex Media Server is on 11.3 FreeNAS; has been running fine for 12+ months. Both my nVidia Shield Plex Player and Desktop Web Plex player just stopped playing certain codecs yesterday (.mkv, m4v, etc), but will play .mp4 files. IOS Plex Player works fine for all codecs.

Last time this occurred in Spring 2020, the problem was my nVidia Shield Plex Player updated automatically, and I was forced to upgrade Plex Media Server version to a newer version.

I suspect that's what has happened again, so I went ahead and updated to FreeNAS 11.5. But the Plex Plugin Update option does not seem to be working. Several processes seem to fail. Any thoughts on where to trouble shoot next?

Log files attached.

Thank you

Attachments

• Plex Media Server Logs_2021-06-06_16-37-34.zip
    719.4 KB · Views: 193

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Hi all,

Not sure if I should post here or in Plex forums. My Plex Media Server is on 11.3 FreeNAS; has been running fine for 12+ months. Both my nVidia Shield Plex Player and Desktop Web Plex player just stopped playing certain codecs yesterday (.mkv, m4v, etc), but will play .mp4 files. IOS Plex Player works fine for all codecs.

Last time this occurred in Spring 2020, the problem was my nVidia Shield Plex Player updated automatically, and I was forced to upgrade Plex Media Server version to a newer version.

I suspect that's what has happened again, so I went ahead and updated to FreeNAS 11.5. But the Plex Plugin Update option does not seem to be working. Several processes seem to fail. Any thoughts on where to trouble shoot next?

Log files attached.

Thank you
Don't use the plugin, just install from ports in a normal jail.

sretalla