Plex Media Server 1.1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moppen

Dabbler
Aloha,

a couple of days ago the Pluguin for the Plex Media Server has been updated to 1.1.3. Shortly after that Plex has updated the Server to 1.1.4. Can anybody tell me when the plugin is going to be updatet, too? I have some issues here with the 1.1.3 and hope the 1.1.4 will fix this.

Regards,
Stefan

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I can work on updating it in the coming days

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Mlovelace

Guru
yeah the port maintainer stays on the updates more, I don't use plex so don't know or care as much about them

if you want to stick to the plugin, you could also use the script mentioned here.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/updating-plex-plugin.46278/#post-316211
I wasn't trying to knock you about the plugin update schedule. If you're a plexpass subscriber the script works fine, if you don't have plexpass you won't have access to the script.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
no worries, lol.
I know I slack on the plex plugin, I assume most people use the script. but, I didn't know that was only for subscribers

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I wasn't trying to knock you about the plugin update schedule. If you're a plexpass subscriber the script works fine, if you don't have plexpass you won't have access to the script.
Before recently installing in a standard jail, I used that script for over a year to update my Plex plugin without issue and I don't have a plexpass.

Mlovelace

Guru
Before recently installing in a standard jail, I used that script for over a year to update my Plex plugin without issue and I don't have a plexpass.
That's odd I tried that script two years ago and it error-ed out saying I wasn't a plex pass user. I'll have to try it again maybe they changed it.

Edit: installed Plex plugin, ran the script and it worked. o_O I don't know what changed over the years but that's good news, I think I will still keep my manual install in a jail though.

Last edited:

Moppen

Dabbler
I would be happy if the maintance on the plugins continues like before. Please ;-)

You could always install plexmediaserver in a freebsd jail. Plex was updated in ports on Sept. 13 https://www.freshports.org/multimedia/plexmediaserver/

I'm a little confused about how this works, sorry I'm new to Linux. Still learning.
Do I just create a standard jail and then install the ports and the plex pkg for FreeBSD?

I have two jail running plugins but my plex plugin jail keeps having issues and if there is another way I can intall it rather than the plugin, I'd like to try it.

Thank you
I'm going to try this. I posted a thread about the issue I'm having with my plex plugin jail but no replies yet.

https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/plex-plugin-jail-looses-internet-connection.46389/

I can't figure out why only the Plex Plugin Jail looses internet connection.

Hopefully I wont have the same issue installing it this way.

Much appreciated. I'm sure I could have found it with some google searching, which is usually what I do but I saw the post and figured it was worth asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.