Plex Library Scan causes TrueNAS to restart

Ravenshield

Cadet
A bit of back story. I was running FreeNAS 11.2 until I woke up this morning and it wouldn't start properly.
Rather then screw with it, I upgraded to TrueNAS 12.0-U3.
I installed a fresh copy of Plex from the plugin page but when I scan a newly added media folder, it appears to cause the entire NAS to restart.
The network goes down and the uptime (when it comes back online) is 1-2 mins.
If I scan one show within the folder, that seems to go fine, but this folder I am trying to add has several GBs of shows.

I assume the server is running out of resources and causing the restart but I am unsure how to troubleshoot.

At the moment I can't add more resources but if there is a way to prevent it from killing the NAS that would be useful.

Ravenshield

Cadet
WARNING
freenas.local had an unscheduled system reboot. The operating system successfully came back online at Tue May 4 20:01:55 2021.
2021-05-04 20:01:55 (America/New_York)

WARNING
freenas.local had an unscheduled system reboot. The operating system successfully came back online at Tue May 4 21:24:37 2021.
2021-05-04 21:24:37 (America/New_York)

GBillR

Contributor
Rule #1 of troubleshooting: Don't change more than 1 thing at a time. By upgrading you have now introduced a potential second issue that may or may not be related to the first issue.

Please describe further, what you mean by: "...it wouldn't start properly".

Then please provide your system specs as described in the forum rules so that those who are knowledgeable can provide you better assistance and are more likely to respond to your posts.

Ravenshield

Cadet
It encountered some error on startup for the operating system after scanning the drives.
I wouldn't have had a way to get logs from the device so it was better to get the OS updated

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
8GB Memory
5 x 2TB WD Drives for the main raid array
1 x 256GB for transcode
1 x 160GB for boot drive

ThreeDee

Guru
A little light on memory .. and what are you using for a boot drive? spinner or SSD?