Plex fails to start after importing backup from Corral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroshimo

Cadet
Hi,
I just switched back to 9.10.2 from Corral. Everything went smoothly except the installation of Plex.
On 9.10.2, after I installed Plex and set it up, I stopped the plugin and imported the backup of /var/db/plexdata I did in Corral. After that, the plugin failed to start. Sometimes I get the message "some error occurred" and sometimes it just says the plugin started except it didn't. I figured it was a problem with the permissions.
The following screenshot shows two folders. The "Plex Media Server/" one is the restored folder from Freenas Corral, while "Plex Media Server_new/" is the freshly created folder by 9.10.2. I noticed they have different owners and tried setting the owners of the backup with chown -R 972:972 "Plex Media Server" which didn't resolve the problem. After that I tried setting the owner/group of the whole jail to root:wheel recursively in the FreeNAS UI, but that just destroyed my initial Plex install too, so now I reinstalled the plugin and I'm back to the situation described above.
Any ideas on how I could get the backup working?
Thanks
permissions.png

Last edited:

Allan Wilmath

Explorer
Usually you can set the permissions using something like ' sudo chmod -R 777 <directory name> ' This sets the permissions on that directly and everything inside so that anyone or thing can use the files.

You should however be able to put your Plex data in to a data set create just for it outside of the jail, and then create a link in the jails interface like you did for the data and keep your Plex database outside of the jail as well. Make reinstalls easier.

One of those should work.

Kuroshimo

Cadet
Linking the folder to another dataset unfortunately didn't work, but setting the permissions to 777 did, thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.