Plex error "The server is not powerful enough to transcode this video"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimhocsea

Cadet
Hi all,
I got this error while playing back a MKV file of HD video through my home wired gigabit network in the browser player on Windows PC. I am a noob so I am not sure what information you would need but my server is
2 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz
49117 MB Ram
Supermicro X8DTN+ Motherboard
10 3TB Hard Drives
IBM M1015 SATA Card
I am only running the Plex Media Server plugin and the 1 jail.
There was almost no CPU usage while the error was happening and only the one stream.
Do I need any additional hardware to facilitate the transcoding or do you think this is a configuration related error?
Thanks in advance,
Jim

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Your HW looks ok to me (the RAM total is a bit weird though) to transcode. You might find better support for this issue on the plex forums or google. looks like it's a somewhat common issue and depends on your specific client and server setup.

Hardware should be fine, RAM is 3MB off from what is listed in mine but who knows what that could be.

Are you running the plugin? If so you might try to install the pkg and see if that changes things. Should be simple enough to do and can keep the plugin intact while doing it. https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...all-plex-in-a-freenas-9-3-jail-updated.19412/ instructions are the same for pretty much each version but the gist of it is create a new jail and then update, upgrade then install plex. Once it's done set up the storage and it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.