Plex does not show setup wizard

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
I'm certain I'm missing something obvious. I've hit youtube and google and tried to find a hit but so far I've just seen video's that show how to install the plex app in truenas scale and I've done that using both the truenas one and the truecharts plex chart. I've also added additional storage which mapped /mnt/tank/shared to the same path inside the app and I went to the console inside the app and verified the path is mounted and available. Plex is running under user share and group share (uid 1080 gid 1080) My problem is when I go to plex on port 32400 nowhere can I find the setup wizard where you do initial config and specify the libraries. Please point me in the right direction and thanks for your patience. I'm obviously missing some part of this but I am not at all versed in kubernetes which is why I'm trying to familiarize myself with it. I had an old freenas server running rancheros with several docker images previously but it's come a long way since then.

truecharts

Guru
For TrueCharts please visit our own support channels, as we cannot keep track of every forum thread here relating to TrueCharts or not.
I would, however, like to add it would be helpfull if you add screenshots of the configuration you used when setting up the App. Both here and when submitting a Support Request to us directly.

patmage

Dabbler
Did you modify the Allowed Networks to include the subnet of the computer you are trying to reach it with? If you don't change that I know it will redirect you to the defualt plex.tv landing page.

stavros-k

Patron
Did you modify the Allowed Networks to include the subnet of the computer you are trying to reach it with? If you don't change that I know it will redirect you to the defualt plex.tv landing page.
This is the first step, and after the initial deploy, plex needs to be stopped and restarted in order to take you to the setup wizard. I can't figure out why, but it works like that consistently.
Allowed networks should look like that 172.16.0.0/16,192.168.1.0/24, ofc change 192.168.1.0/24 to your local network ip

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
Thank you both. I really appreciate it. I'm embarrassed to say I had not added the local lan I was connecting from and once that was done I was taken right to the wizard. I note that in the dvr section of plex my hdhomerun devices are not found which are on the same lan as the server under 192.168.3.0/24. I recall on my old setup I bound the ethernet adapter so the plex server was actually assigned an ip on the 192.168.3.0/24 lan so it could find the hdhomerun's. I attempted to enable "host networking" and redeploy but it hangs on the deploying step and all the log shows is:

2021-08-23 17:11:53.359610+00:00Plex Media Server preferences updated
2021-08-23 17:12:05.952228+00:00Critical: libusb_init failed

As a workaround I'm keeping it on the 176.xxx network and manually specifying the ip addresses of the hdhomerun tuners but not sure if the tuners will grab different ip's at a later date so may have to make all the hdhomerun tuners static ip's which is doable but not preferred.

Last edited:

ornias

Wizard
@StavrosMadK I just patched Plex to allow all local ip ranges according to RFC 1918 by default. The App should just work by default, if users want to use auth they still can by removing the IP range :)