Plex died on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jr922

Explorer
Having trouble figuring out why I can't connect to my plex server anymore. My players suddenly started saying indirect connection and now I can't connect from my desktop to my plex server through ip.

I really didn't change anything recently and its been working without hiccups for over a year.

I can ping in and out of the jail at 192.168.1.20, I tried restarting the jail and plugin, service shows its running per the gui and per the jail shell.
Still it won't connect to plex through the normal port http://192.168.1.20:32400

All other similar jails and plugins, transmission, sonaar, couchpotato still work fine and I haven't made any recent changes.

Any Ideas? Is this an virtual interface problem and if so why can I ping in with no issues?

System info.
FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE
Supermicro 846 24 bay case, SAS2 backplane
X11 board and Xeon e3-1230-v5
4x 6 disc raidz2 arrays.
64gb of ddr4 ecc
HBA is a flashed IBM m1015.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Is this a warden jail from previous versions of Plex? Is that a plugin jail from the plugins screen? Are you sure the IP address of the jail hasn't changed?

Jr922

Explorer
Is this a warden jail from previous versions of Plex? Is that a plugin jail from the plugins screen? Are you sure the IP address of the jail hasn't changed?

All my jails are the standard Plugin jails made through the gui process. It shows that ip on the jails page after a reboot and I also tested the connection from my router to that specific host "plexmediaserver_1" at that ip.

Since the connection seems ok other then the server I also thought maybe I broke the plug-in somehow but then I would think it wouldn't be starting and stoping normally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.