Please help with plugin installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobramonkey

Cadet
Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum, as only half of my problems are plugin related. The near past has had me experiencing trouble with communicating with my Freenas server. I am fairly newbish so everything I'm doing is through the webgui. When I click the Plugin tab it says "No entry found." I have had this server up and running for over 2 years now, and it's been completely reliable and stable until the past couple months.

Problems I've experienced:

*Slow (read minutes) CIFS file access. Using Windows explorer to just open a folder on the server can take minutes
*Plex was giving me errors during trying to play videos saying something along the lines of "Insufficient system resources to continue playback"
*Slow (again minutes) to open my webgui
*No available plugins to download and install
*The last time I saw plugins populated in the install list (months ago), and I tried to upgrade Plex it gave me an installation failure error

I haven't changed anything in the past 6 months with my network setup. And this problem is much much newer than that.

Build FreeNAS-9.2.1.5-RELEASE-x64 (80c1d35)
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220 v3 @ 3.10GHz
Memory 32666MB

Thanks in advance for any help.

joeschmuck

Old Man
My advice is to upgrade to FreeNAS 9.10.2-U2 but do not upgrade your pool if asked, this will allow you to roll back without issue if needed. You should find all the plugins supported in that version.

Also, since you are having issues with your system, I'm assuming you have a USB Flash drive so I'd replace that and reinstall FreeNAS, then restore your configuration file (not a curent one but one you created before the issues started).

Hope this helps.

diedrichg

Wizard
My first inclination was bad boot device, especially if the boot device is in a mirror.

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
My first inclination was bad boot device, especially if the boot device is in a mirror.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Agreed

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Get into the GUI and save your config if you haven't already before you do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.