please help, noob here

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNoob19

Dabbler
Hello i am new here, and thanks for the FreeNAS software.
This is for internet cafe purposes.

Q: How do you set the FreeNAS so that when I update 1 pc (server) it updates the files to all the clients BUT the clients cannot modify the files (something like a mirror or clone? idk the terms)

I want to update 1 pc, then it updates to all the other clients after rebooting them (something like what a server does). I am having trouble with the configurations and all etc. I have managed to make a drive then share it via iSCSI, the problem is, it does not reconnect back and the client pc's can modify the main file (I think i may have problems with my host allow/deny settings).

Last edited by a moderator:

joeschmuck

Old Man
It sounds like you are possibly looking to run something like a VM where it's pretty locked down and when a user has use of the system, limited modifications can be made such as writing files to the system. Then when the user logs off the PC is completely rewritten to the standard default. This is not a feature of FreeNAS. You should be looking for an IT expert to create your network or look at CyberCafePro which is free software to create what I think you desire. I'm sure there are other free and paid software packages out there, its just not FreeNAS.

TheNoob19

Dabbler
Maybe I said i wrong. wait, The clients are already functioning with win7 os (each with its own local drive or system drive). I just need another local drive like a game drive which I can update games of the extra game drive that will then be used for the clients. The game drive will be from the FreeNAS disk (some games like dota 2 wont run in a network shared device, but that can be bypassed by turning it into a local drive from the iSCSI).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.