pfSense questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Looked further--no, it's under Diagnostics -> Halt system. WTF?
I vaguely remember that from when I used pfSense. The UI used to suffer from the same thing FreeNAS' still does (quick and dirty hacked-together UI that does way more than a UI has any right to do). I think they changed things around a lot in recent releases?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
It's not too much different. They just converted it to use bootstrap and prettied it up a bit. Supposedly the bootstrap conversion makes it easier to implement changes, at least according to some a lot smarter than me.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's not too much different. They just converted it to use bootstrap and prettied it up a bit. Supposedly the bootstrap conversion makes it easier to implement changes, at least according to some a lot smarter than me.
So it's still poorly-organized? Never used it long enough to develop muscle memory, so I was hoping they'd redo the whole thing in a more logical format before I had start using it again.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Yup, same basic layout. My configuration and use is pretty simple so I'm meh about it but others do feel the same as you do.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yup, same basic layout. My configuration and use is pretty simple so I'm meh about it but others do feel the same as you do.
When I do use it, I'll have to setup a handful of static routes, VLANs (on WAN and LAN side), IGMP forwarder, site-to-site VPN (and PBX if they get a decent plugin for that again). *Deep breath* And UPS, different DNS servers for two WAN VLANs... And firewalls for LAN, IPTV and VoIP. And I'm sure I'm mssing something. I'd really appreciate a more usable GUI that doesn't make me jump around to configure the firewall.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Yeah that pretty much sounds like pfSense hell there. Throw in some traffic shaping setup and I think you'd go mad.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah that pretty much sounds like pfSense hell there. Throw in some traffic shaping setup and I think you'd go mad.
Bah, at that point I'd spend some cash and run a VLAN to whatever needs IPTV on a shared link.

Status
Not open for further replies.