Personal Cloud/Sync Game Saves Folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miniwehats

Explorer
Ok I will try to make this short. I am mainly looking for a way to sync all my save game files from PC to PC on Lan and over the WAN and have it be automatic like Gdrive or Dropbox does. I have looked into Dropbox and it works great I can just sync the folders I want and it merges data great but! its only 2gb in size and game saves are getting huge! I thought about syncing over FTP as I have seen a few programs that can do it but that doesnt quiet give you the feel of cloud storage. I looked into many options with WebDAV but I need a linux box to be hosting stuff. I could VPN and do ISCSI on each PC, but looking for any and ALL options. Any plugins that do this yet? Something similiar to Steam Cloud or other cloud services and needs to be able to run on Windows 7 if there needs to be some type of server that needs to be running or even in a VM.... let me know guys! Thanks for all your help! I love these forums.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If you search the forums lots of people have requested this feature, but there's no easy way to implement it yet...

toddos

Contributor
There have been various posts about setting up OwnCloud. It's possible to do, but will require you to be comfortable with *nix.

Edit: Never mind, read your request backwards. I thought you meant you wanted to setup your own dropbox-like service, not the other way around of syncing your FreeNAS files up to dropbox.

Miniwehats

Explorer
Uh no not sync my nas to drop box maybe I wrote it out wrong. Noobsauce got what I'm looking for and I have found tons of info on multiple options. I do want to make a drop box like application using my has as the cloud or storage.

toddos

Contributor
Okay, then I read it right the first time. Look at owncloud like I mentioned, and search the forums for the number of threads discussing how to set it up. It works dropbox-like, where you have a client app that monitors a local folder and syncs everything back and forth. Then to get it to work with games, you'd just have to set your save directories inside the synced folder location.

mdanderson08

Cadet
Hey,

I know this is a few weeks old, but a couple friends and I are working on a solution for this. We are in alpha right now, but if you care to, check out http://gamewisp.com. Apply to test and just say you are from this forum and I will get you in to test our current version of the cloud game save manager. It works no matter where you bought the game and so forth.

I'm also curious if you got the OwnCloud setup to work too?

Michael

Miniwehats

Explorer
Thanks man I'll check it out. I ended up using dropbox for most of it and it works well enough. I'll check your site out and get signed up for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.