Paths for a NFS share must reside within the same filesystem

djb

Explorer
Hello everyone,
I'm addressing the issue of NFS error configuration on sharing, Paths for a NFS share must reside within the same filesystem.

my path is : /mnt/Z1X2/xoa_backups/
and using also subpaths /mnt/Z1X2/xoa_backups/local , /mnt/Z1X2/xoa_backups/offsite.

When i click the option all subdir (while pointing the father path) , is not letting the client the client to mount the subpaths. So i decided to configure more paths on the same share.

as it seems from Gui , the main path should be /mnt/Z1X2/xoa_backups/ and 2 more paths (the subpaths) by using the add button.
It never worked, even the 2 subpaths reside on the same filesystem (same dataset).

Is there a special handling for this ? (* there are 2 threads in the old freenas legacy about the same subject, but the solution was to use indepented shares).

Last edited:

sretalla