Path from Nightlies to Stable

Dosch

Cadet
Hi everyone,

Currently I'm running TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.1-MASTER-20220218-012922, which has a higher release number then the current 22.02.0 Stable - therefore the upgrade fails on the regular way but also during an upgrade from the ISO Installer (i guess working as intended).

Is there any upgrade or migration path from Nighly Builds to Stable Releases with Stable 22.02.1 or later?
If yes: Do i have to stop updating the nightly builds from any specific version?

BR

Ixian

Patron
Boot off an older image (System Settings>Boot>Activate an older boot environment) and upgrade from there. I believe it'll need to be a non-nightly boot environment. Make sure you back up your configuration first so you can re-import it when done.

Or, just create a system backup via System Settings>General>Click Manage Configuration>Download File and reinstall from scratch via the SCALE iso release and re-import your backup when done.

Dosch

Cadet
Thank you for your sugguestion @Ixian but an import of a configuration won't work as well - it will not accept a configuration, exported in a more recent build (number).

@Dosch

I figured out a path last night