Password not accepted after upgrade to 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHN

Dabbler
I am a classic home tinkerer getting his feet wet in this world.

I have had FreeNAS 9 and 10 running on a machine for a couple years now, and have always been able to access my server via the GUI using the root and password.

Today I upgraded to the latest stable version of 11, and can no longer access the system via the GUI using root and the same password. After I enter the user name root and my password, after a few seconds I get a read bar over the sign-in screen that says "Server connection error"

Suggestions? (I searched, with no luck).

I'm assuming I'll have to provide a lot more info, so ask away. I'm accessing my server via Windows 10 (1803 update), using Microsoft Edge (I previously used Internet Explorer with FreeNAS 9, but when I went to FreeNAS 10 the GUI would not display -- just an empty black page -- so I switched to Edge).

Thanks!
Mark

Last edited:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
1) Try clearing your Browsing Data on the Edge browser
2) Try Chrome or FireFox browsers if the above fails.
My version of Edge (Microsoft Edge 41.16299.402.0) works with FreeNAS-11.1-U4

MrToddsFriends

Documentation Browser
I have had FreeNAS 9 and 10 running on a machine for a couple years now, and have always been able to access my server via the GUI using the root and password. Today I upgraded to the latest stable version of 11, and can no longer access the system via the GUI using root and the same password.

Does that mean that you used FreeNAS Corral (a synonym for FreeNAS 10) before upgrading to FreeNAS 11? If yes it might be important to tell the whole story how you actually performed the update to FreeNAS 11, an upgrade path that was never supported AFAICT. I never used Corral/10, so most possibly I can't help.

Further Corral/10 reading:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ng-from-freenas-corral-to-freenas-9-10-11.36/
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...-announcement-regarding-freenas-corral.53598/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.